The Bat Flower or Devil Flower (botanical name: Tacca chantrieri) is an incredibly unusual tropical black flower which resembles a bat. It can take up to 9 months to germinate - but it’s worth the wait!
These ‘Grow Your Own’ kits differ from others on the market as they provide at least 2 opportunities to grow this bizarre plant from seed. The kits contain more than one seed (sometimes 3 or 4) and 2 eco-friendly coir pellets as the medium for them to grow in. Place them in different areas and that’s 2 chances of germination! Kit also consists of:
- Reusable sturdy black coffin box (size 11 x 19 x 5cm)
- Wooden stake for marking them up when they grow to seedlings
- Parchment paper information and instruction ‘scroll’ tied with satin ribbon
- Recycled plastic saucer (but one only. To make the kits more eco friendly I suggest placing the other pellet on an existing saucer, the bottom of an egg box, an old jar lid - anything! It’s always best to recycle.)
- Shipping is tracked via Hermes
- Pet friendly