"Mandrake, or Mandragora, is a powerful restorative. It is used to turn people who have been transfigured or cursed to their original state. The cry of the Mandrake is fatal to anyone who hears it." - Hermione Granger
The mandrake (botanical name: Mandragora officinarum) has long been associated with magic and witchcraft despite it’s above-ground appearance being rather unassuming. The true source of its power is said to lie below ground, and this is because the roots resemble a small human which screams when it is plucked from its earthy bed. You’ve been warned!
These ‘Grow Your Own’ kits differ from others on the market as they provide at least 2 opportunities to grow this unusual plant from seed. The kits contain more than one seed (sometimes 3 or 4) and 2 eco-friendly coir pellets as the medium for them to grow in. Place them in different areas and that’s 2 chances of germination! Kit also consists of:
- Reusable sturdy black coffin box (size 11 x 19 x 5cm)
- Wooden stake for marking them up when they grow to seedlings
- Parchment paper information and instruction ‘scroll’ tied with satin ribbon
- Recycled plastic saucer (one only. To make the kits more eco friendly I suggest placing the other pellet on an existing saucer, the bottom of an egg box, an old jar lid - anything! It’s always best to recycle.)
- TOXIC TO PETS (AND PEOPLE)