The Bat Flower or Devil Flower (botanical name: Tacca chantrieri) is an incredibly unusual tropical black flower which resembles a bat. It can take up to 9 months to germinate - but it’s worth the wait. This "blood-sucking" Bloody Valentine version has some minor alterations such as red ribbon and the addition of 'Divine' vegan heart chocolates in an organza bag.
These ‘Grow Your Own’ kits differ from others on the market as they provide at least 2 opportunities to grow this bizarre plant from seed. The kits contain more than one seed (sometimes 3 or 4) and 2 eco-friendly coir pellets as the medium for them to grow in. Place them in different areas and that’s 2 chances of germination! Kit also consists of:
- Reusable sturdy black coffin box (size 11 x 19 x 5cm)
- Wooden stake for marking them up when they grow to seedlings
- Parchment paper information and instruction ‘scroll’ tied with red satin ribbon
- Recycled plastic saucer (but one only. To make the kits more eco friendly I suggest placing the other pellet on an existing saucer, the bottom of an egg box, an old jar lid - anything! It’s always best to recycle.)
- Shipping is tracked via Hermes
- Pet friendly, non toxic